Brother - Scan N Cut DX
There are so many cutting machines on the market, but which one is the right choice? If you are a sewist, the new ScanNCut SDX225F was specifically made with you in mind. The ScanNCut is the only cutting machine on the market with true blade sensing technology and a built-in scanner! The blade sensing technology allows you to cut materials without adjusting your blade pressure settings and the built-in scanner adds an extra element to your creativity.
Scan in fabric and easily cut out applique with the direct cut function or turn a hand made drawing into a sticker the creativity is endless with the ScanNCut DX line up!
This model includes a fabric mat specifically for use with fabric!
Main Features you'll love with this machine:
- Blade Sensor Technology with Auto Blade Revolutionary, home and hobby cutting machine technology detects the height (thickness) of the material placed on a ScanNCut DX compatible mat to cut precision custom and built-in patterns. No need to select material type nor adjust blade depth before cutting‡. There is also a setting to select half cut to for cutting the top layer of vinyl and not the backing
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade This blade is designed to cut fabric used for quilting and raw edge appliqué purposes. Quilt with ease and help save time by cutting multiple pieces for your projects. Depending on the material, the Thin Fabric Auto Blade will cut thicknesses from 0.25 mm-0.5 mm. For use only with the ScanNCut DX machine and the ScanNCut DX Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder.
- Built-In Scanner Scan in fabric and easily cut out applique with the direct cut function or turn a hand made drawing into a sticker the creativity is endless with the ScanNCut DX line up!
- PES/PHC/PHX Data Readability with Stitch Data Conversion So many more ways to utilize most existing PES/PHC/PHX embroidery files! The ScanNCut DX reads PES/PHC/PHX appliqué data from a USB memory stick (not included). Customize the PES/PHC/PHX file by selecting only the parts you want to cut. Then take the cut pieces to your Brother embroidery machine to tack down and create unique fabric items. Plus, using the Stitch Line Detection mode, users can create various draw/emboss/foil‡ projects from one embroidery file. This is an exclusive function only available in the SDX225F model.
- Whisper Quiet Mechanism The Brother ScanNCut DX cuts and scans with little noise compared to previous models. Enjoy your DIY projects, card making, or quilting anytime day or night. The redesigned, quieter mechanism is perfect for use in small office or business setting where noise can be very distracting.
- Seam Allowance and Sewing Guidelines Have you ever struggled with piecing together your fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects? ScanNCut DX gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in ¼” increments to assist you in piecing together fabric pieces for your quilts, clothing and more. But wait, it gets better! You can even utilize the erasable pens (air soluble and water soluble) to create sewing guidelines on your designs to assure virtually perfect placement of your stitches.
- Built-in Storage and More The ScanNCut DX machine has ample storage for blades, touch pen, and other tools right inside the front cover! Everything that you store in these compartments stays put with the magnetic closures. Plus, the storage area can be used as a wide-flat work surface for securing materials to the mat. For smooth, even mat feeding the machine has a slide tray in the back.
- Wireless Network Ready Wirelessly‡ transfer cut data from the machine to the CanvasWorkspace application. No additional activation card needed simply register for a Free account at http://canvasworkspace.brother.com to enable the functionality.
- 1303 Built-in Designs, Including 140 Quilt patterns, Plus 17 Lettering Fonts Get creative! Basic shapes, intricate designs, borders, quilt patterns, fonts, and more are all available on the easy-to-use 5-inch color LCD touchscreen display. Choose from many new appliqué patterns and 3-D paper patterns. Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For adding even more variety to your creations, combine built-in designs or scan an image to create any number of one-of-a-kind designs. Plus a Fabric Keychain Project!
- On-Screen Editing Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut DX. Every editing function can be done on the 5-inch LCD touch screen display. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape, size, or position, even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs, you’ll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking – all without the use of a computer or complicated software.
- Scan-to-Cut-Data Now with a smooth line feature getting more clean cuts is easy, simply select from three settings (low, middle, high) on the machine to fine-tune your scanned image to a more precise cutting line. Scan and convert to cut data. Using the technology of the smart scanner, scan in your design and save it as data to cut or draw. ScanNCut DX will create cut lines automatically, and then within minutes, hand drawn elements can grace the pages of your artwork as a cut element or drawing with the assistance of the pen draw feature.
- Large Scanning and Cutting Area Using the included 12" x 12" cutting mat, or the 12" x 24" cutting mat (available for additional purchase), easily create and cut a wide variety of designs – from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus, the cutting mats double as a scanning mat for ease of use! Now with 12" x 24" scanning capability! (ScanNCut Innov-ís models only) Great for scanning 18" doll patterns and large quilt patterns to create cut data.
Below are a few videos created by our very own ScanNCut expert, Christi Hawk! Note: The machine used in these videos is one model older, and did not come with a fabric sheet like this model will.
Opening your Brother ScanNCut:
Making your first vinyl cut on the Brother ScanNCut:
Making your first fabric cut with the ScanNCut:
Making your first heat transfer vinyl cut on the Brother ScanNCut: