Get Dresden inspiration with Susan Cleveland's book, Dynamic Dresdens!
Dynamic Dresdens is 96 full color pages with a pull-out sheet and accurate, clear instructions so you will be able to build amazing quilts and thoroughly enjoy the process! Projects include options for seven customizable quilt patterns, tips for creating accurate Dresden units, and innovative finishing techniques. All patterns are offered for both 18 and 30 degree Dresden rulers, and instructions are color-coded to make it easy to follow the right one for your ruler choice.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create double-pointed wedges with the inside edge of Dresden units already finished (no applique needed)
- Cut accurate wedges with Dynamic Dresdens Rulers and other Dresden rulers or templates
- Turn points with the patented Prairie Pointer Tool or another pointed object
- Use a sew-and-flip technique on a fabric foundation to create flat, precise units
- Prevent background fabric from shadowing through Dresden fabrics
- Construct pieced wedges with immaculate intersections
- Add piping to pieced wedges
- Fussy-cut interesting fabrics for spinning or kaleidoscopic effects
- Interlock rings for 3-D effects
- Integrate partial units into background piecing
- Build waves, straight runs, and loop-de-loops
- Design your own Dresden quilt in the size you choose
- Create flat, square quilts with beautiful binding
- Finish with the Dresdens Over the Edge technique
Soft cover, 96 pages with a pull-out sheet.
Use with 18 Degree or 30 Degree Dynamic Dresden Rulers